Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Kitchen Design - Inside

I should start posting ideas for my kitchen design. I would love the overall look to be like the picture below. Warm wood floors, clean straight lines and lots of storage. And I like the brightness of the kitchen in contract with the wood floors and metal / glass furniture.

Source

I'm also really loving these pull out drawers that can function as a pantry. Sure beats bending down and crawling around inside the cupboards to find that last can of tomato paste.

Sliding pantry thingy at Ikea

Another view of the sliding thingy

Same goes for the pull-out drawer that goes underneath the kitchen sink.

I want this for the cupboard under my sink, please excuse the grumpy toddler photobomb

Plus a friend mentioned that Ikea uses a drawer system similar to Blum's soft closing hinges and it's somewhat cheaper. Just need to buy a sample for the carpenter to measure against when making the cabinets.